Summary - The Waterfall Approach
An opportunity exists to rapidly and efficiently move returns inventory out the door quickly, while maximizing the returns for truckload, pallet and individual SKU.
By leveraging branded storefront sites, auction sites and third party auction and fixed price marketplaces – from one console – it is now possible to ensure the best possible prices for truckload, pallet and individual SKU.
The centralized online management of the inventory allows logistics managers to easily shift inventory from one venue to another (e.g. branded B2C auction site to Amazon)
Things to Ponder:
a) Focus on what combination of product you wish to offload: truckload, pallet, individual SKU
b) Choose your product flow.
Example of AUTOMATED product flow from:
- Branded B2C storefront for individual SKU, with unsold moved to
- Branded B2C auctions for individual SKU, with unsold moved to
- Branded B2B storefront auctions for truckload and pallet, with unsold moved to
- Branded B2B auctions for truckload and pallet, with unsold moved to
- Amazon, UBID and/or eBay Marketplaces.